Retreats

               I’m a bit of an oddity when it comes to retreats.  While everyone around me sews for hours upon hours at a time, sometimes staying up all night, I have my one-hour limit.  Once I’m beyond that, I’m done.  This creates a lot of confusion, especially if I opt to leave the room instead of sitting with everyone else and watching what they are doing.  I don’t know how many times I have reappeared in the sewing room to have my mother tell me she had to explain yet again why I was not in the room.  My poor mother.
Finger Paint
                This, however, does not mean I don’t enjoy going to retreats, because I do.  It’s always nice to get away for a while, especially if I’m in a place where I can go out and walk or have some time away to write or read.  For me a quilting retreat isn’t just about quilting.  It’s about going away and having a set time to get something done, even if all of that something doesn’t necessarily involve quilting.  Getting some quilting done is great too, because despite my one hour, I do accomplish a lot at retreats, leaving me the rest of the time to do whatever I want.       

Comments

Popular Posts