Color

              Speaking of color, that is another way in which quilters differ.  For me, there are some colors I just do not like.  No matter how hard anyone tries to push them on me, I’m not going to like them.  That being said, over the years I have learned to tolerate some of these colors.  Sometimes the color I like least is the perfect accent to what I am working on.  If that is the case, I will use it.  If, however, I am expected to use one of these colors as the feature, all you will see me do is cringe.
Don't Forget the Mortar
                The funny thing is, other people would probably say the exact same thing about my favorite colors.  In fact, I heard a woman once go on about how much she hated a color that happens to be one of my favorites.  I, of course, thought she was crazy to be so against this color I love, but I figure she would probably think the exact same thing about me.  How in the world could I love a color she so dearly hated?  Easily.  I just do.  It’s the same way that she just doesn’t, and that’s okay.  Not everyone has to like something simply because I do, which is why I’m not listing any specific colors that I like or dislike.  Maybe I will in the future, but right now my favorite colors do not matter.  What matters is that if everyone liked the exact same things all the time, the world would be a pretty boring place.  There would be no differences to explore or new ideas to celebrate.  Can you imagine if everyone used the exact same colors or fabric lines to make quilts?  I would become bored so quickly, and I image most others would too.  Differences in color and fabrics are what makes each quilt (and quilter) unique.  While some may prefer for everything to be the same, I find it far more important to have what I do be unique instead of being like everyone else.

Comments

Popular Posts