Philosophy II

            Now it’s time for my other philosophy.  If you make a quilt for someone and they don’t like it, take it back.  That’s always the thought that runs through my head when I hear people talk about their concern that the intended recipient will not like the quilt they are meant to receive.  If you took the time to make a quilt for someone and they don’t like it, take it back. 
A Little Bit Twisted
       There is, however, one caveat to this philosophy. If you ever make a quilt for someone knowing the fabrics and colors you are using are ones the recipient doesn’t like, well, then, we have a whole other situation on our hands. That, hopefully, does not happen too often, but I would understand then someone turning their nose up at a quilt meant for them. Otherwise, my thought is if someone can’t appreciate the time and effort it took to make the quilt, they don’t deserve to keep it in the end.

Comments

Popular Posts