Give Charities a Try

                 Then there are the quilts that don’t have any direct recipient in mind.  That happens with most of the quilts my mother makes.
                I am very fortunate to have my mother test my instructions for me.  She does not stop working with the pattern after the test quilt, however.  While I move on to another design after making the initial model, my mother will work on making multiple versions of the same quilt pattern.  We consider different fabrics and which patterns they will work best in to show that my patterns can be done in all sorts of ways.  Whatever your fabric or color preference, there is not a right or wrong answer.
                Once the quilts are completed, the majority of them find a new home.  Usually this is to a hospice in our area.  Others have gone to the organization Quilts of Honor.  In both cases, we do not have any idea who will receive the quilt in the end.  All we can do is hope that the quilts bring whoever receives them warmth and comfort in the knowledge that someone cares.               
                While these are the two organizations we have donated to so far, I have heard of others accepting quilts as well.  Some have very specific requirements for the quilts they are able to receive (Quilts of Honor), while others are more free (the hospice).  Either way, the quilts are always much appreciated, and we’re happy knowing that someone who needs it has something warm to cover them.
Finger Paint

Comments

Popular Posts