Long-Arm Quilting

          I am very grateful to long-arm quilting machines and those who have them.  If long-arm machines did not exist, it is quite possible I would never get anything quilted except for my small test quilts or the occasional baby or cat quilt.  I do enough what we call “quilt wrestling” when I put on a binding.  Sometimes even the borders can be a battle.  To wrestle with an entire adult-size quilt while trying to quilt would drive me crazy.  It would also take me forever to finish the quilting, if I ever finished it at all.

That is why I take my quilts to a long-arm quilter, like my friend Diane.  She can put my quilt on a large machine and take care of all the insanity for me.  What I get back is a beautifully quilted quilt.  All I need to do is put the binding on, which is enough quilt wrestling for me.
Ladybug Parade

Comments

Popular Posts