Quilt Back Stress

            Until recently, I never realized how stressful quilt backs can be.  Not the actual sewing of the pieces together.  That I’m perfectly fine with.  It is the rushing around to find the right fabric because the quilt is about to be taken in to be quilted stress.  Then, it’s a quick trip to the sewing machine to sew the pieces together.  Add in the cutting to make sure it is square, measuring to be sure you have enough, and ironing to make it as flat as possible, it can all be quite stressful when a short time later you need to be running out the door.
Birthday Surprise - Serendipity
                I seem to have found a solution for this, though.  For one of my recent quilts I found and sewed the backing fabric right after I finished the quilt top.  It was such a relief to have everything ready to go for whenever I decided to take my quilt in to be quilted.  All I had to do was iron one more time and I was off.  I could not believe how much having the back done early made life so much easier.

Comments

Popular Posts