Contest Work

         Lately, I have spent all my sewing time on a contest.  The 2020 Moda Grunge Contest, to be exact.
           This contest has given me the opportunity to learn new skills and try new techniques.  I’m certainly using shapes I’ve never used before (thank you, trapezoids).  My mind has been stretched and I’ve performed math skills I’ve either never done, or haven’t done in years.  It feels great, although it can be frustrating.
          I’m also using this contest to create designs in fabric I never thought I would do.  These designs of mine were so complicated I thought they would only ever end up as a painting or drawing.  Now they have been made with fabric.
       I have to say, as proud as I am of what I’ve created, for my own sanity, some these designs I will never do again.               

Comments

Popular Posts