The Pattern Process

     Sometimes it takes a long time for a pattern I create to come out as a pattern for sale.  There are a few reasons for this.

     The main reason a pattern release is delayed is because I have not had the quilt quilted yet.  Without the picture of a complete quilt, the pattern is incomplete.

    The second reason is there is something I have written that just doesn’t work.  Usually, by the time I find this out, I’ve already moved onto other patterns.  It can take me a while to get back to the one needing work.

    A third reason is I am not always sure how to write up how I did what I did.  It’s not that what I’ve done is particularly complicated.  Sometimes the words and pictures don’t want to work.

     There are plenty of other reasons why a pattern of mine may take a while to come out, but those are the three main ones.

Comments

Popular Posts