Winter Quilting

    When it’s cold outside, sometimes it is hard to not just curl up with a book under a quilt and hide from the world.  Or immerse myself in a TV show or movie, under a quilt.  In other words, when it’s cold outside, pretty much anything I do to avoid what I should be doing involves being under a quilt.

    Because it’s not easy to do work with a quilt.  Oh, yes, I can when I’m at the computer.  But it’s pretty hard to bundle myself in a quilt as I shovel inches of snow.  Unless it’s a quilted coat, but that’s not quite the same thing. 

    Also, doing dishes, or quilting itself is not easily done with a quilt wrapped around my body.  With the dishes I use my arms too much.  As for quilting, I’m always up and down.  Moving between the sewing machine, cutting table, and ironing board.  I would have to pin the quilt around me like a cape to keep it in place.

    This desire to be under a quilt is probably why some winters I get little quilting done.  Yes, the heat is on, and technically I could use the iron as an additional heat source when I’m in its vicinity (not something I recommend, as it is most likely a fire hazard), but it’s not the same as being wrapped up in a quilt and enjoying the moments of just being in life.

Comments

Popular Posts