Seeing the Light

    Earlier this month, we lost power for two days.  Fortunately, nothing like what is currently happening with the hurricane down south.  During a storm, our power simply went out and it was not revived for two days.  Block by block the power came back on at about two-hour intervals.  In the meantime, we used flashlights in the dark and did not open the refrigerator.

    During this time, I mostly read.  That was probably the best thing for me to do.  It gave me time to breathe.  It also gave me time to realize what was important.  Figure out why I was doing things I don’t really like to do.  And I came to a decision.

    Instead of fretting about getting social media posts up, I’m going to concentrate on putting them up when I really have something to say.  When I have something I want to show.  I know I’m already not the most consistent of posters, but I want to be able to have fun with it.  Not post just because someone says I should.

    As for my quilts themselves, I have to get back to the fun of creating them.  The business part can really drag that down.  I need to re-find the joy in the creation.  In the design process.  Instead of worrying so much about the outside world.  Because if I’m not pleased with the design, it is not a pattern I will want to put out anyways.

    This blog, it is already once a month.  I have fun writing about whatever comes off the top of my head.  It is the writer in me, always wanting to see what I can craft with words.  I don’t foresee many changes coming to this blog.

    These are the conclusions I came to as I sat in the dark.  That it is was more important for me to have fun with what I am doing than to do what everyone told me I had to in order to become a success.  I have found in the past doing what others told me I should do never quite worked for me.  In fact, more often than not, there was hardly any progress at all, or it went backwards.  Which is why I have decided to do things my own way.  It may take longer to get to where I want to be, or I may never get there at all.  But I will know I did it my way and was true to myself.

Comments

Popular Posts