Fabric Choice

                While I only briefly brought up fabric in my last post, fabric choice is a big way in which quilters differ.  One day at the quilt shop, Jen was going through the different fabric areas and determining who most belonged to which one.  It was declared that my space was the novelty area, which, for the most part, is completely true.  Whether it’s s’mores or flowers or sports, I’m always fascinated to see what objects designers have decided to put on a fabric.    
Finger Paint
          That’s not to say that I avoid all other fabric areas completely.  I don’t know how many times I have found myself staring at the color wall trying to figure out which is the prefect textured solid for what I am working on.  Then there are the print fabrics that while they are not considered novelty, would not fit on the color wall either.  With those I generally find myself attracted to the bright or the ones with a funky or dark edge to them.  Those are the ones that draw my eye, but something completely opposite will draw someone else’s.  That’s what’s so great about all the different fabrics that are available now.  There is really something for everyone. 
Although, I must say, I would find it interesting to discover why people are attracted to the fabrics they are attracted to.  I wonder if there is some sort of psychological test somewhere that would help figure that out.  The results might be really interesting.

Comments

Popular Posts