Fabric Cutting

              Something I am able to do a lot of at retreat is cut.  Depending on the project I’m working on, I can spend a great deal of time at the cutting table.  Sometimes I cut for my own projects, sometimes I cut for my mom’s, although my mom often has all her projects cut before we arrive.  Either way, having everything cut and ready to go makes it much easier to just sit down and sew.  That’s a big part of the reason why I can get so much done in my one-hour timeframe.
Backsplash
                Cutting all the pieces of a quilt top is especially easy when I’m using a precut.  Many of my quilt designs are either created around precuts or can still be made with them.  Precuts are great when you want to get a quilt done quickly, or don’t want to spend a long time cutting.  Also, precuts are really easy to take on retreat.  The fabrics are already wrapped together and there is very little to keep track of, giving you less to pack.  With less to pack, you have a much better chance of being able to see out your car’s back window.

Comments

Popular Posts