Labels – Little Works of Art

Ladybug Parade
      Another part of quilting I really enjoy is the making of labels.  For a while my mom said the only reason I make quilts is so I can make labels.  In many ways that is very much true.
        Each of my quilts get two labels. The first one is cross stitched. It is always the same design (my initials) with only the fabric and the threads changing. The second label is drawn. I create this one based upon either the theme or the name of the quilt. With fabric markers, I draw on a printable fabric sheet, creating a simple work of art to attach to the back of my quilt. I get such joy out of creating these pictures, and as someone who has loved and created art all her life, it is easy to see why my mom believes the labels are why I create quilts.

Comments

Popular Posts