The Love of Sewing is Not Hereditary

          Even though I don’t like sewing, I still do it.  Every design I create I first sew together myself.  That way I know how to write the instructions.  All the additional quilts after that are made by my mother.  I am very fortunate that she is completely willing to test out my patterns to make sure they are understandable and make sense.  It is also great that she likes to sew.
         
Finger Paint
Since my mother is able to sew for long stretches of time (I end after about an hour, hour and a half tops), she is able to make great progress very quickly. This gives her more opportunities to figure out new versions of each quilt pattern. With so many different types of fabric available, my mother loves to experiment to see how the different fabrics will look in each pattern. I have found that this time I spend with her, figuring out the new fabric combinations, is one of my favorite parts of quilting.  Other than the actual designing, of course.

Comments

Popular Posts