Colored Pencils and Graph Paper

             Even though I love making labels, that is not what started me on quilting.  What started me on quilting was colored pencils and graph paper.  My mom gave them to me when I was very young so I could design whatever happened to be in my head.  I had zero idea how to put a quilt together at that time, but I didn’t care.  I was having too much fun creating pictures out of triangles and squares.  Some of these designs my mom still has today.
                As I got older these designs became more and more complicated.  It reached the point that my mother asked me how I expected anyone to ever make a quilt out of them.  I, of course, had zero idea, and thought someone somewhere would just figure it out.  My mother’s response was that I needed to learn how to put a quilt together myself.  This did not go over well with me as I already knew I did not like to sew, but I also knew she was right.  In order to create designs that others can do easily, I had to know how to do it on my own.  So, I sat down to sew.  
       
A Little Bit Twisted

Comments

Popular Posts